Since I really liked the songs I heard at the IMH Live Pop! Concert, I'm having a few songs on my playlist here on my blog. So like if you really can't stand music, just click pause on the player.
Its flash so like it can't be turned off by pressing the Esc button. If you're not listening to anything, take a minute and listen to the songs, I highly recommend them! =)
IMH Live Pop! Concert~ I like got the ticket super easy, some more BenMoh delivered to my friend's house and we didn't even have to pick it up and squeeze our way to the tickets. And they impressed me tonnes!
You wanna know what the huge difference between these two concert????
Gary Chaw a.k.a. DiGi Concert
- Singing karaoke style
- Everyone was squeezing like as if it was winter! when it was NOT!
- If you're at the back, you barely see much.
- The only thing I liked was when the yellow DiGi dude came out! He was fun!
- To get in was hard, to get out was even harder!!
- I almost vomited 3 times as some people can really stink from all the sweat! Its not BO, it is just sweat with shirt-sweat zone! Yuck!! How can people stink that bad???!!! I had to like get on my toes and suck air above!
- Crazy kids pushing everyone as if the more you push you'll get even any closer to the singer.
- The singer meant nothing to me so like I only went to like see how it was and what the fuss is all about this guy.
- I saw lots and lots of cartoon a.k.a. Ah Lian around. Hai~ Have they thought of going for the elegant yet sophisticated look?? Not cartoon-like.
- Gary Chaw like only performed 4 songs! So few and like I didn't stay for Victor Wong, I had to get out!!!
IMH Live Pop! Concert
- Live Music man!!! Keyboards, strings, drums, bongos, congas, sape, brass, back-up singers, main singers! The whole deal!
- We get individual seats but like hey, the songs were super great and many times I wanted to just stand up and start grooving. The crowd was like not alive though. So like if I stood up and start grooving people would think I'm drunk. If I was sitting at the side, I would definitely stand up and pull Dan to get up and groove baby!!!!!
- If you're front or back, you can see at least someone! Haha!
- I liked the whole event except for some minor tiny details which isn't such a huge deal.
- Eventhough there were unforeseen circumstances the performers all were very professional and kept their cool. There was a part when the main singer took his scores of the music stand when suddenly it drop. Marvin on the keyboard quickly sad, "Some powerful singing, man." And we all laughed. The main singer just smiled funnily with an 'oops' expression on his face. Cute!
- There were like so many familiar faces, my teachers, the performers, some ex-classmates, some ex-schoolmates and it was all good!
- The main performers meant something to me. I actually respect a few of them for getting to where they are now. Don't need Gary who!!??
- Number of Ah Bengs and Lians not that much. Very normal people around.
- I had a good time catching up with some teachers and peeps.
- The songs they played was like pretty awesome!! But like the only thing I could do was bob my head and groove on my seat~ They should have two concept for the concert, sitting and standing(dancing) section!
There you have it 10 super reasons and 10 super big difference!! So how to compare right? DiGi, fine la you got like some quite popular dude but like he ain't that popular since I didn't even know who he is in the first place.
I find that supporting people who actually mean something to me and people whom I know in real life is like so much better! Its like pretty awesome and I have to give it to them. They pulled it off this year. Compared the concert which I 'technically' watched last year, this year's was way so much better.
They had a whole fusion of traditional, modern, rock, jazz, chinese and malay songs. Total fusion man. All in their own rendition! It was superb! Here is a list of some of the songs from IMH Live Pop! concert.
- A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton
- Unwell - Matchbox
- Only Hope - Switchfoot
- Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
- Hotel California - The Eagles
- A Moment Like This - Kelly Clarkson
- Photograph - Jamie Cullum
- These Three Words - Stevie Wonder
- Kenangan Yang Terindah - Samsons
- La Camisa Negra - Juanes
- Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
The ones I listed down are like the few good ones which was performed during the concert. Some good singers to be noted down would be Adrian Lai, Kenny Tan, Shane and Christine Chai. The back-up singers were good too. =) Raenai, Olivia and Irene Jee too were singing, both my ex-schoolmates. I have to give it to Marvin though, he's like a maestro to jazzin up any song!!! Sam, the drummer was having a good time on stage. David Jacques was good during 'Welcome to the Black Parade'. BenMoh on the violin with the whole strings!
All in all, it was good. And someone wise said, "If you don't go, you would regret it". If I didn't go, I wouldn't know to regret or not but since I went, IT WAS WORTH IT!! Practically took me off my moodyness!
If some singer can sing on stage, interact with the audience and have good showmanship, he can be like jabbing 20 knifes into your heart singing a ballad song. I actually felt like crying after one of the song even Dan who didn't understand it said that he felt it. Now that is what you call good!
That is all from me reporting not-live! here from my bedroom after a whole week of wicked fun times and tiredness not to mention sick. =P And I still feel great! Life is good!