Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year 2007

Sunday, December 31, 2006
A new year, a new start, a new chapter in life and the same old person or maybe not so?? My new year eve this year is spent with my family at home compared to last year where I spent the whole night out til the wee hours. Not too proud of that anyways.

Looking back, I've changed a lot from who I was just 12 months ago. Especially the way I think about a lot of things. Back then, I was carefree. Just ended my STPM, was thinking about my long holiday ahead.

Then things changed when I went over to West Malaysia. I was alone and it was like starting a new life there, being independent, making my own decisions. Well, I started out being quite a rebel. I was asked to help mc for an international concert which was when I started hanging out a lot with lecturers.

But then things got bad after that. Everyone started to show their true colours. Even the lecturers. Super racist place. No matter how many times they tell me, it is fair for everyone, they can't fool me. Especially when everything happens right in front of my eyes. Liars! If I ever meet that PM of ours, he will have to clear his schedule.

At any weekend, I would just think about getting out of the place. Go down to KL or something. So that was what I normally did.


For the duration of 2 months there, I was a walking zombie then. I didn't have the mood to talk to anyone. I cried buckets or cried myself to sleep. My poor cool lecturer had to put up listening to me.

For the first time, I was robbed while I was in KL but I managed to chase the guy and get back my wallet. I ended up so traumatized that my legs and hands were shaking. I couldn't even press the keys on my phone properly. Then and there I just wanted to go back home.

So I finally left the place for good and now I'm residing back here in Kuching. There is just no place like home. Going there has certainly changed my perspective on life and what is important in life.

I'm sure everyone else has changed in the last 12 months. Some physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Each and everyone of us has a story behind that mask we put on. But I wonder what's the coming year will be like.........

To everyone,

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR AND ENJOY LIFE~





0 leaves:

Post a Comment